1. Xanthophobia – Fear of the color yellow
Sufferers of this phobia fear of any yellow objects, including even the sun. In the most extreme cases, some people are even afraid of the word “yellow.”
2. Turophobia- fear of cheese
According to psychological studies, the sufferers connect the concept of cheese with traumatic memories. Interestingly, some people are afraid of one type of cheese, while others may fear cheese altogether.
3. Hylophobia- Fear of trees
Actually, this one is quite logical if we consider the impact of fairy tales and movies that we have watched during our childhood. This phobia includes a fear of trees, forests and everything connected with wood. Some people even get anxious when listening to the word “wood.”
4. Papaphobia- fear of the pope
The weirdest phobia so far! Even though this phobia is not common, some sufferers connect it directly to the hierophobia, which is a fear of holy individuals.
5. Somniphobia – Fear of falling asleep
Sometimes I wish I had this phobia, in order to complete my assignments. The most common associations of this phobia may compare the process of sleeping with dying or losing self-control.
6. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia – Fear of long words
Too ironic. There is even a song written specifically for this phobia!
7. Chrometophobia – Fear of money
The word originates from a Greek word chrometo, which means money, and phobia which basically means fear.
8. Anatidaephobia – Fear of being watched by a duck
Right! A duck! People living with this phobia believe that wherever they are, a duck is constantly watching them.
9. Phobophobia – Fear of having a phobia
People with this phobia have a constant fear of phobias. Consequently, they are afraid of panic attacks and anxiety disorders.
10. Ergophobia – Fear of work
Sufferers of this phobia fear of working process, environment, and even their employees.