1. Only a qualified electrician is allowed to change a light bulb in Victoria, Australia. If you disobey the law, you will get fine up to 6$.
2. In the USA, Colorado law states that a man cannot marry his wife’s grandmother.
3. In England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament. This was voted the most ludicrous law in the UK in 2007. A spokesman for the House of Commons said: ‘The people who know about these things here say there is no basis for such a law, not to say it does not exist somewhere in writing.’
4. In Canada, by law, one out of every five songs on the radio must be sung by a Canadian. This one is actually an interesting law as the country tries to promote their artists.
5. Flushing the toilet after 10pm is illegal in Switzerland. Flushing the loo after 10pm in an apartment building is illegal in the country of Switzerland. The Government consider it noise pollution.
6. A representative from Oklahoma, Linda Larsen attempted to lower the divorce rate by proposing a law that would require the following before a marriage license would be issued: neither party should snore, at least one meal a week should be prepared by the non-primary cook, toothpaste should be squeezed from the bottom of the tube, pantyhose shouldn’t be left hanging in the shower, and the toilet seat should always be down when not being used.
7. In Thailand it is illegal to step on money because it has the image of the king on it and stepping on it signifies disrespect.
8. Chewing gum is illegal in Singapore.
9. Donald Duck comics were once banned in Finland because he never wore pants.
10. In France, it is stated as illegal to marry a dead person.
11. In Texas, USA, criminals were required to give their victims at least 24 hours oral or written notice giving details of the crime they are about to commit.
12. In Lucca and Florence, Italy, a new law has been passed forbidding the opening of fast food kebab shops in the historic centre.
13. In Rome, Italy, groups of three or more people risk being fined €500 if they are caught singing and/or dancing in the city’s streets. It is also illegal to eat outdoors in Rome’s historic centre.
14. In Spain, there’s a limit to the amount of dogs you can have with you at the same time. If there’s eight or more on your leashes, you’ll likely receive a penalty.
15. Seville law states that people cannot hang “indecent” clothes on a line. This obviously includes any underwear and suggestive attire.
Now you are aware of the laws that actually exist in the world and you should avoid to encounter with them.